Monday, July 16, 2012

Our family comes from Utah every year for the 4th of July.  We look forward all year to their visit.  This year we had more family than ever and it was fantastic!  We had people sleeping everywhere in the house!!!
Rexs' parents and his sisters family always make the trip, but this year his brother and his family and aunt and uncle and their family made the trip as well.  All in all we had 22 people.
The next few posts will be about the adventures we had while they were here. 
We went to the fish hatchery and Beacon Rock on Monday.  Which somehow I failed to take pictures of.  I am not sure what I was thinking...except for I hoped I wouldn't drop dead hiking to the top of Beacon Rock!  On the way up we caught a frog.  He hitched a ride home with us, and now lives in the boys' room and answers to the name Beacon. Okay, he doesn't exactly "answer" to anything, but that is his name.
Tuesday we went to the zoo...and I did remember to take pictures.

All the kids sitting in the bald eagles nest.  L to R Brody, Bridger, Maggie, Wyatt, Hudson, Dakota, Renee

Wyatt always does the funniest things.  He thought he was so funny putting his head in the lions mouth!  While we were at the lion statues Maggie was photo bombing everyone, but I didn't get her in my picture.  I am not sure how that happened. 

Great Grandpa rolled in the scooter, and Brody hitched a ride up the hill on his Heely's  Everyone was staring at them,  Brody said it was because they were so cool, but I think it might be because Brody has a huge wet spot in the front of his shirt that makes it look like he peed himself!!!!

Wyatt and Levi were buddies all day.  The kids sure miss the family sometimes.
Rex, Brody and Hudson petting the goats.  Everyone in this family (besides me) thinks we need a goat.  I think they are outside their minds, so I told them to stay in there as long as they wanted to get their goat fill!  Better there than here I say!

No comments: